We're not here to pressure you into an adoption decision. Our program is simply designed to help you in the fact-finding process. You can work with someone to discuss the realities involved in both adoption and parenting. We do not facilitate adoption, but we can provide a list of adoption agencies that can help you make the decision that is right for you. If you do decide to make an adoption plan for your baby, we also provide support and assistance through our adoption education.
Adoption Facts You Should Know:
- Researching adoption as an option does not commit you to choosing adoption. The final decision about adoption is not made until after your baby is born.
- Adoption has changed a lot in the past 20 years. You can decide if you'd like a closed, open, or semi-open adoption plans.
- Adoption is a parenting decision that focuses on the needs of your child.
- Adoption is a courageous decision that's often made by women who first thought abortion was their only way out.
- Adoption is a legal transaction. Rules are different from state to state. That's why we recommend you use an adoption specialist. They're uniquely equipped to help you navigate the process successfully.
- Making an adoption plan involves very strong emotions. An adoption specialist will be able to provide good counsel and ongoing support both during and after your pregnancy.
If you'd like to explore adoption, just call to make an appointment.
Bethan Christian Services: impregnant.bethany.org
Catholic Charities of Madison: catholiccharitiesofmadison.org
Sunny Ridge: sunnyridge.org